Sunday, May 20, 2007

Double Indemnity

'Double Indemnity' is a film by Billy Wilder. The plot is about a successful insurance salesman, Walter, who finds himself being talked into murder by a beautiful woman, Phyllis. They commit the murder hoping to profit from an ingeniously set up double indemnity insurance policy on the life of Phyllis' husband. The plan works perfectly until Walter and Phyllis lose their cool and everything falls apart.

I thought this film was great, it was really well thought out, it got me thinking.... hmmm that plan could work. I thought it was a really clever film, and I loved the 'Shut-up baby' lines. It was nice to see a film from that era so I could see why people make parodies of them in the way they do. I thought the film had some really good tense, anxious moments, and I loved the voice over narration. The film had me captivated for its entirety, and I really enjoyed it.

An old movie, but still one I wouldn't mind watching again.

No comments: