Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Valet













'The Valet' is a french comedy by Francois Veber. The basic plot is that Pierre, a successful businessman is photographed with his lover Elena, a supermodel, and in order to save his marriage he tells his wife that the woman isn't his lover, but the lover of the main character Francois Pignon. This in turn is a problem because all Francois wants to do is marry his sweetheart Emilie.

Being a comedy, it did have a lot of jokes, some which I found funny, some I didn't, this may have something to do with the fact that I'm not French, or perhaps they just weren't that funny. I did like the storyline and I think it was very well acted and on the whole it was quite an enjoyable film. I understand that the movie is a sequel, and I would be interested to see the first film. I liked this movie, but I wouldn't buy it and I probably wouldn't see it again.

No comments: