Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Caiman













Ok, well my opinion seems to be different from everyone elses in the COM123 class, so without any further ado...

- I enjoyed Nanni Moretti's 'The Caiman'.

I thought it was quite a clever film. The way that it was made to criticize Berlusconi but always stays slightly to the side of doing it directly, I found very entertaining. Moretti never set out to show all of the facts about Berlusconi because all Italians already knew them. The movie is almost about itself, ie- Bruno Bunomo in the film, is almost like Nanni Moretti would have been when he made the film (except Moretti wasn't washed up and is still respected).

I thought the film had some great moments, including the gelato shop outburst scene, and also the beach scene where Bruno finds he has been lied to, the cast he hired weren't really 'taking a break', they were quitting to film a Columbus movie.

So, sorry guys, but I thought it was a good movie.

No comments: